Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mad About MAD MEN!



I love, love, love Mad Men! If you haven't seen this show, you must check it out. It's the best kept secret of TV. 

MM is about the lives of ad execs on Madison Avenue in the early 60s. The sexism, racism, and amazing style fulfills every notion those of us who weren't there to live it have. Not that sexism and racism are to be celebrated, of course. It's just amazing to watch how politically incorrect, by today's standards anyway, they behaved. 

The best part about MM is that it doesn't give you all the answers. It implies a lot and leaves you to fill in the details. I imagine everyone who watches this phenomenal show understand it in unique ways. 

I highly recommend picking up the first season before jumping into the second. Although, you can kind of pick up anywhere because the story lines don't totally rely on a consecutive order. 

Check it out on Sunday nights on AMC and get back to me!!!

1 comment:

Stac said...

Hi Jess,

I just have to say that I love Madmen! I started watching it midway through this season and have been obsessed with getting my hands on the other episodes.

Stacie (from the icky comm research class)