Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hungry

Every once in a while my biological clock rings prematurely and I get baby hungry. It starts beeping when I see girls I went to school with having babies and I start to wonder if this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now, too. But then I push snooze and remember that they have always been light years ahead of me in checking off big life landmarks (i.e. getting married, buying a house, having a baby, etc.).
Sometimes I wish I could fast forward to the point in our lives when we're ready to make the decision to have a baby. It seems so far away. But if I were able to do that, then I'd miss all the great things we get to do in the mean time. Jason will finish school, I will earn a masters, we will have a house and have traveled and experienced life as a duo rather than a trio.
The other day I told Jason I couldn't wait to meet Caleb. Just saying it out loud made me tear up because it's true. I'm really excited to meet him, but in due time.


This is our nephew, Brayden. I fully expect my future child/children to look a lot like this- blonde hair, blue eyes and super adorable.

And P.S., Caleb is the name of our future son and I have officially put dibs on that name since many of my cousins have started reproducing already. (I may be the oldest cousin on both sides, but there are a lot of girls in my family that have reached the age when you can get married and knock out some kids)

No comments: